Sunday, May 19, 2013

signed, sealed and ordered!

Went JB yesterday with my mamat and my future in-laws!

I previously mentioned that we were having a tough time convincing his parents to print invitation cards for their guests with local vendors so we ended up accompanying them to JB instead (Even though they were reluctant to get their invitation cards done in JB initially because of the inconvenience.)

Didn't know where my future in-laws wanted to go to for the card printing at first - realized upon reaching that it looked familiar and found out we were in Larkin! 

[Side story: My parents used to bring my sisters and I to Larkin for Raya shopping when we were younger, and the last time I went was when I was in my teens - I was about 14 going on 15, I think? I remember getting into a heated argument with a bloody unscrupulous pakcik cab driver who was trying to cheat my dad out of his money. Told my dad to throw dua puluh ringgit at his seat, ordered my mum and my sisters to angkut all our barang barang out of his boot, banged all the doors and screamed at the pakcik telling him that he will get into an accident and die a horrible excruciating death right after that for wanting to cheat a family during Ramadhan no less!!!!! I can still remember the idiotic pakcik muka crook with his mulut terbuka ternganga while I stomped my family away haha such an angsty personality sebiji limau teenager I was. Haiiiii now who is going to defend my parents and sisters from such idiots when I go off to have my own family nanti? :( Ah dahlah start lah ni rasa rasa emosi ni lagi.]

ANYWAY. Back to the current cerita. Parked at the open space carpark opposite Larkin, crossed over via the overhead bridge, went for our late breakfast before taking the escalator up to the 2nd level to find the card printing shop recommended by my future supermother-in-law's student who printed her wedding cards there. She showed me the shop name and address that her student gave while we were heading up the escalator and I immediately remembered that this was the same shop where Raudhah of The Wedding Plan ordered her wedding invitation cards!

Mainly because of the shop name lah! When Raudhah tweeted about printing the cards at the said shop, my first thought was "Hah?! Tong Seng (the halal Chinese coffeeshop at Bugis) dah branch out into invitation card printing services pe?!" Hahahahaha sambil sambil ambik orders for nasi ayam and fried wantans, ambik orders for kad kahwin sekali ah kirakan hahaha

So you all jangan salah faham ok. Kita pergi print cards kat Syarikat Thong Seng in JB eh, bukan kedai kopi Tong Seng in Bugis eh! The kedai is located on the second floor, orange signboard, one of the corner units.






Signed, sealed and ordered! :D

Process is the old school way (new age way would be confirmation of orders and drafts by emails, payment by i-banking) but seems simple and straightforward enough - confirm order by completing their standard form and paying 50% deposit, return to the shop in two weeks' time to confirm the draft before they send the cards for printing, then collection will be one month after. Price-wise, definitely dapat harga baik ah - it was about 60 cents each for 500 pieces + additional costs for hotstamping of our names on the cover (additional RM100, I think.) Definitely cheaper if you get more lah, Raudhah got hers at about 30 cents each for 1000 pieces, if I remember correctly.

I really love the card design that his parents eventually chose, by the way!!! (Also pleased with the fact that the design was spotted and recommended by me heh heh) It was one of the prettiest choices that was presented to us, I thought, and it really fits his supermother punya requirements - off-white base, silver hotstamping detail and design that has unsur-unsur kemelayuan. I mean, it has a freaking songket design lah sia. That is as melayu as you can get, correct not?!?!?! How melayu lagi can it be??? Nak selet bau belacan to the card pastu suruh orang "scratch here to smell" or what sia hahahahaha 

13 comments:

  1. Hahaha! The bugis coffeeshop also immediately came to mind when I first heard of it! They have a wide collection of cards, don't they? When I went there, mata sampai nak kero browsing through the albums they have. I love their service too. Gonna be bringing H's family down to order their cards this June!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha cannot help it, right! mesti pikir about the coffeeshop lol

      and yes, quite a collection! hopefully they'll deliver as promised :D

      Delete
  2. LOL! Selet jangan tak selet! Pas tu boleh "tear page" to make sambal belacan! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha which reminded me that time i chose my cards, i browsed all 4-5 albums too!! haha! my parents was like "alah kak, kad je, org setakat tgk date/tempat/map je." classic answer kan!! kita ada la carik yg berkenan di hati, cos its my wedding lor! hehehe! im so in love reading ur blogs each day babe! thumbs up!! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha there is some truth to what your parents but agree with what you said as well! just because orang setakat tengok the info, doesn't mean the card design cannot be nice and ikut your citarasa ma hehe. kalau ikut your parents punya logic aje, then might as well hantar sms kat guests aje kan!

      anyway thank you so much for the kind words! hope you're enjoying the wedding preps as much as i am :D

      Delete
  4. Hi may i check wif u my wedding date is on this year nov however both me and fiance have not done booking for wedding invitation card. Is it fine if were to do it after registration? Seek your advice thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dear, when are you planning to do your marriage registration?

      It is up to you whether you want to register for marriage before or after printing your wedding cards, as long as you give enough time for your wedding cards to be designed and printed.

      You might want to check with the car company how long it will take to design and print your cards. As long as the cards can be ready 1 or 2 months before your wedding, it is fine. Doesn't matter when you register your marriage (as long as it is 5 weeks before your wedding date, of course)

      Delete
    2. Hi sis, can i have yr email add? I nk tny a few ques.. Im june 2014 Btb.. Tension ni skrg..

      Delete
    3. hey babe, my email address is farnamals[at]gmail[dot]com

      Delete
  5. Hello, can I check with you per card is 60 cents in Singapore currency or Malaysia? thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 60 cents in Singapore currency if I remember correctly :)

      Delete
  6. hello, do you have their contact?

    thanks,
    JL_ng50@yahoo.com.sg

    ReplyDelete