Tuesday, June 18, 2013

selamat datang ke ROMM

Yay kita dah pergi ROMM interview! :D

Ok I know we have a few more months to go and as long as we do it 5 weeks before our solemnization date, we'll be good to go BUT (1) we wanted to get it over and done with; and (2) we already took full day leave on Monday to meet Zakaria Zainal to discuss the outdoor photoshoot anyway so we thought, why wait? Lagi muai can max out our leave!

(Initial idea was to get some rest before meeting Zakaria Zainal which was why we took full day leave but since we expected the ROMM interview to last only an hour or two, we decided to just get it over and done with instead of waiting for another day and use up another day of leave)

We arrived at ROMM at 10.00am and ended the whole process in about one and a half hour? Spent most of the time waiting, actually. Pffttttt. Several of our married friends dah warning suruh pergi bright and early i.e. once ROMM opens at 8.30am because once dah inching towards tengahari, there will more couples ahead of you which means the waiting time will be longer. TETAPI! Kerana aku ada bakal suami yang chronic latecomer argh end up we reached ROMM at 10.00am gitu.

The ROMM interview process was quite simple and straightforward, actually:

(1) Collect queue number at the reception.

(2) Wait for your queue number to be called.

(3) Once you're called to the registration counter, you'll be asked to confirm your solemnization details (information that was submitted during your online registration). The officer will tell you about the kadi fees ($100).

By the way, it's not stated on the list of documents to bring but please bring along your pre-marriage course certificate. I happened to mention our ROMM interview to Nani, who told me to bring them along and true enough, the registration officer and the Ustaz that interviewed us asked to have a look at the certificates as confirmation.

(4) You'll be asked to go back to the waiting area and wait for your queue number to be called into the Ustaz's interview room.

(5) Your wali will go in first for the interview then followed by you and your future spouse.

(6) Once you're in the interview room, the Ustaz will ask you a series of straightforward questions and will ask you to confirm your solemnization details once again before asking you to angkat sumpah and sign the confirmation document.

That's it! Takde suruh demonstrate macam mana nak angkat air wudhuk or baca mengaji or doa qunut or kena grilled with tough questions yang boleh buat you sweat your coli seluar dalam off segala. Nonsense lah all those rumours! In fact other than confirmation of our solemnization details, I think the Ustaz only asked us whether we are currently taking religious classes. Kacang cap tangan je.

Oh, we were interviewed by Ustaz Ismail Terimoh who turned out to be very friendly and funny, by the way! He joked freely with us and he put both my mat and I at ease from the get go. I was actually quite nervous when we were waiting to be called into the interview room - no idea why, though! Haha. Baru nak kena interview dah nervous wreck, nanti bila time nikah entah macam mana. Kaku beku agaknye.

And in case you're wondering (like me, before I went for the interview) - there is no requirement for you to put on the tudung (for non-hijab-wearing ladies) during the interview, although friends did advise me to wear something tertutup and sopan to look appropriate for the occasion. (Not that I would even dare to wear a cleavage-bearing top and shorts to a ROMM interview anyway lah kan, korang ni pun..........)





My daddy the wali and my husband-to-be! Tee hee!

After the ROMM interview was over, we dropped by Grand City Shirt Manufacturer at Frontier Building to collect our groomsmen punya shirts for dinner reception pulak YAY YAY. Fab service, great shirt quality and workmanship, friendly staff and tauke - needless to say, we were pleased with Grand City! :D

Here is my mamat waiting for the ~goodies~ 


..... and the finished product!


Actually kan I was pretty sceptical about the collar print when my mat showed me a sample of the chosen print (he went to the Grand City tailor with the guys only whereas I was out at another tailor with my bridesmaids few months ago) but they turned out really great and now I'm so psyched to see our groomsmen looking all nice and segak in their shirts!!! Meeting our orang orang kuat next Friday for dinner so my mat can personally hand the shirts over to our groomsmen!!! Benda gini pun aku excited eh haha

Ah, now I wish I have the bridesmaids' outfits on hand too! If it wasn't for the Raya season, we might be able to get the outfits for our bridesmaids earlier but since our tailor's pretty tied up, what with Raya season coming up and all, we'll have to wait for September before collecting the baju for the girls. Tak sabar nye~~~

For now I kena divert my excitement and look forward to this coming weekend pulak. Actually kan our plans for this weekend is to paint my bedroom and spruce it up for Raya, my andaman session time kahwing and my mat's ultimate move-in - in fact, I already took colour samples in boring shades of grey segala when my family and I went to HomeFix to buy paint for my sisters' bedroom last weekend...


... BUT! After meeting the amazing Zakaria Zainal yesterday, terasa macam more excited to recce locations for our outdoor photoshoot instead pulak! GATAL KAN.

We already have a few locations in mind (and props and DIY tasks too!) but kita kena play by ear and tengok dulu whether we can indeed head out and do the recce. We'll see what the weekend brings! For now, akak ada ten thousand things to do dalam office so... CIAO.

P.S. So sorry if you sent me an email over the weekend and I belum reply - had a bachelorette party for a girlfriend from Saturday to Sunday, and between running errands and attending appointments on Monday, I haven't had the time to reply to comments and emails... will try to do so within the next few days ok!

6 comments:

  1. Heeeee! da settle ROMM lega sikit kan!

    My interviewer was garang and so unfriendly la. i forgot his name.

    But yay!! da boleh kahwin!!! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. betul!!! i no need to think about the deadline to attend the ROMM interview anymore so boleh focus on other things :D

      and yesssss memang dah boleh kahwin but you kahwin dulu this weekend ok :P

      Delete
  2. Babe! You think if I smp 8:30 ramai tak? Im going tomorrow! Wonder how long will it take.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 8.30am??? 8.30am won't ada ramai orang lah! Hehe. Don't think it'll take long because asalkan you're the first few, you don't have to wait too long.

      For my fiance and I, it took 1 and a half hours because we had a few people in front of us.

      Delete
  3. Hello . I find your blog really helpful. Was wondering, when we are being interviewed, will it be individual interview or all together in one room? Since you mentioned, wali goes in first .followed by the bride and then the groom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, babe!

      i think it depends on the ustaz holding the interview. for mine and a lot of my other friends, what happened was he called my wali in first to interview him, after that lepas my wali dah keluar bilik, he asked both my husband and i to come in together for the interview pulak.

      Delete