Monday, July 1, 2013

here's one for the men

Remember a few months ago I met my bridesmaids for brunch and gave them kain and personalized hangers as their bridesmaid gifts? My mamat a.k.a my mak nenek pun seeeeebok lah sangat nak kasi gifts to his groomsmen jugak! 
 
Which is why he asked them to meet up for dinner last Friday...




... to pass them their gifts! Whoop whoop I iz very suka!!!!!

The groomsmen giftpack consists of 3 things:

  • Samping for them to pakai during nikah and sanding receptions;
  • Tailored shirt for them to pakai during dinner reception; and 
  • Cool little card that says "Your services as a groomsman is required" tagged with a cigar. (Thanks to my sister for using her skills yet again to help us with this!)

Okay lahhhh, technically the gifts are stuff they need to pakai for our wedding reception... but not the cigar eh! That was just a nice little touch lah hehe. Kalau you all you all sebok hisap cigars during the wedding reception, I will ketok all your heads with my super bridal shoes eh. Biar bocor kepala mambang.

Anyway! I am very happy to report that our orang orang kuat has been really supportive and helpful so far, and we're really puas hati di Golden Chance with our decision to choose this set of people to push us through to the finishing line!!! Occasionally I'll ask for opinions or share ideas on our group whatsapp chat and it's great to be able to get their opinions (which I trust and value a lot) and bounce off ideas with people who know what they're saying.

You know, one of the (superficial) reasons why we thought 4 groomsmen and 4 bridesmaids will be good for us is because... it'll make pretty pictures!!! Hahahahaha. I got this idea from Shaz of Glitter On My Finger, actually - 2 bridesmaids on my left side and 2 bridesmaids on my right side, with me as the bride in the middle... which makes 5 of us! Same goes for my mat and his 4 groomsmen. Balance out sui sui in pictures, yes? 

Have I ever mentioned that 5 is my favourite number??? So I biased lah hehe.

Oh, by the way, one of the main reasons why we do not have one person each as the best man and maid-of-honour is because... they are all equally awesome can???!!! Haha! There was no way we could've chosen one over over three others lor!

We've also gone over some tasks to assign and the arrangement is a bit complicated so tak yah lah eh nak berbual grandmother story kat sini. But we have appointed the overall in-charge who will monitor the pace and execution of our wedding proceedings - Sham on Saliheen's side, and Nad on mine. Weewit! Satu tepukan gemuruh kasi sama dia lah! :P

Oh, you know what else I'm also happy to report about?????



We've collected our dinner invitation cards, y'all!!!!! :D

Colour and quality are great so again, no regrets printing our dinner invitation cards with One Inkjet based on Nani's recommendation!!! Such a gem, this one.

And ah yes - as you can see, I've finally decided to give in to my mat's request (more like insistence) so our official wedding hashtag is now #kahwinkhronicles, yo. 

I previously mentioned that I'm not in favour of the said hashtag but after mulling over it for a bit, I figured what the heck, let's run with it. With four months left to the big day, we have a million and one other things to focus and decide on so why worry about the official hashtag kan? Plus, it is actually quite nice to use a name that we've been maintaining for the past two years of preparation and let our guests see a chronicle of all the efforts we've made and experiences we've gathered in pictures. 

Lives up to the name Kahwin Khronicles, doesn't it? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment