Wednesday, August 28, 2013

trashin' good times

Y'all must have known from previous entries that we had our photoshoot last weekend!!!

It was super hot and super humid on our photoshoot day but I guess hot and humid is better than raining like a mother father gentleman, kan?! We were pretty lucky the wind at our location was very strong though... cuma downsides: my hair decided to misbehave and main angin so I had hair in my face + hair claws in some of the shots -___-

But wind or no wind, my hair was a whole goddamn mess on that day lah okay!!! You see, I thought it'd be nice to curl my hair for the photoshoot so Nani came over with her Pro Babyliss 30-roller hairsetter to help me set my hair before Dyana came to make me up.

Unfortunately for me, the curls died a very quick death and I suspect it's because the curls weren't set in the curlers long enough (not enough time!!!) + the humidity got to the curls. Urgh. I ended up with limp lifeless hair by the time we reached the location because my hair was freaking heavy and stiff because of the hairspray + I didn't wash my hair that morning because curling unwashed hair is supposed to help maintain the curls better.

HAIZ. Whaaaaat is it with me and hair ah??? Remember I didn't really fancy my hair during my engagement??? BAH. I hope I'm not permanently cursed with bad hair days during special occasions or something because I need my hair to behave on my wedding day okay!!!!! Should have stuck to my natural hair for the photoshoot lor... especially now that it's recovering from its thinning problem (which I blogged about here).

Eh tak sia sia okay I spent $200 on the whole set of Phyto products... my hair (head?) is fuller now and my scalp is not showing as much yay yay (Had help from Avalon Thickening Shampoo to thicken my hair initially, but that product has been discontinued for sale in Singapore boohoo) Downsides of using the Phyto products so far:

(1) my hair doesn't smell awesome after a wash because the Phyto shampoo takde floral smell or what (more like a mild... clinical smell?); and

(2) my hair is much drier than it originally was.

But it's alright, it's okay, baybeh! I'd rather have dry thick hair than thinning hair yang sampai nampak scalp, please. Lesser than two evils ma.

Aaanyway, now that I dah get my frustration about my rambut off my chest, I nak sharing sharing a few behind-the-scene pictures! :D


And yes this is the dress! The dress! Heh.

Actually kan, the inspiration for my dress was this lah kan: 



 Suka sangat! ♥ ♥ ♥

My angan angan was to sew colourful netting under the skirt but it turned out to be quite the challenge because the material of the dress wasn't compatible for such additions :( So I scrapped the idea and told my mum to just fix the bulkiness of the dress. Seriously bulky tahap biadab okay ini dress when it first arrived at my doorstep!!! Suspect kuat ini baju untuk pakai during winter ah actually. So many layers sak!

Can't say I particularly love the dress in the end but I thought the dress looked and felt slightly better than when I first received it after my mum did her absolute best to fix it lah. (Kaulah ratu hatiku, Ibu!) And it turned out pretty cute in the end, yes? Hur hur.

Oh, after much consideration, I also scrapped the idea of having something in my hair! (Blogged about it here and here) Thought my eye make-up was dramatic enough and my dress was "loud" enough so I didn't want to over-accessorize. Takut nampak overbearing pulak! And what with the issue of my maha fail hair segala..........





And that's our awesome photographer Zakaria Zainal doing his ~thang~! 

He was sitting and squatting and lying and walking and standing all over the place to try and get the best light and the best shot okay! Can really see how professional and knowledgeable he is bila bab bab ambik gambar ni semua, and he seems to be a really fast worker!!! I received a few shots ala ala sneak peek gitu via Facebook message the day after the photoshoot and really can't wait to see the rest. 

I look like a bloated whale with greasy hair claws in some of the shots actually but I don't really give a rat's ass because the quality and surroundings very cantik and we look ridiculously happy :D (Well, that's because my mamat couldn't stop goofing around like the annoying bugger that he is and I kept bursting into fits of laughter)
 

Oh, I ordered the super gorgeous rainbow cake from @farahhaffandi on Instagram, by the way! Tasted as gorgeous as it looks - stuffed myself so much, I could have puked rainbows for days. If you're interested to order - or even just to ogle - her gorgeous cake creations, follow her on Instagram please!!! I love her cakes so much, I'm going to dedicate a quarter of this blog entry to show you all her cake creations haha:









Sooooo cantik cantik belaka kan?! Simple and cantik, I very suka.

Her flavours pun always sound so sedap and interesting tau! Even before I can finish saying the names of her cakes, halfway my mulut dah banjir with my air liur seh.

Okay. So. Anyway. Where was I before I talked about air liur banjir..........

Oh yes, the photoshoot. 

We spent about 2 hours plus posing and smiling to the camera until my joints and the corners of my mouth ached. Baru senyum sekejap dah rasa penat! I cannot imagine betapa seksanya nak senyum for few hours straight during our wedding day nanti zomg. Can I choose not to smile on the pelamin and say I'm the silent brooding type of pengantin or something?! O_O

Oh, then the last 45 minutes was spent... THRASHING EACH OTHER! WOOP WOOP.



 

Nak kiss my mamat many many for letting me get one of my teenagehood dreams!!!

Yes, I was so mentel, one of my teenagehood dreams was to have a Trash The Dress bridal photoshoot hahahahaha. (Blogged about Trash The Dress photoshoots here and here) Eh I have another one okay, and it was to have a wedding dress that is not white lol (Well, based on my discussion with the good people of Ishq by Nora Zee, I should be able to realize this other dream as well :P)

Oh, we received some comments from friends saying we look "macam Conjuring" but my mat and I have no idea what that means because we are both segan of horror movies and obviously did not watch the movie. Ha ha ha ha ha.

Anyway, the whole experience was really really really fun but super duper exhausting at the same time!!! One thing I've learnt from our Trash The Dress photoshoot experience:

(1) Photoshoots are mahatron megatron cybertron EXHAUSTING

Oh holy yes, they are! We only photographed for slightly more than 3 hours, wore only 1 outfit and we were already shagged out of OUR MINDS. Cannot imagine how exhausting it must be for couples who opt for 10 million outfit changes and kena photographed for longer hours!!!!! Satu tabik marathon gua kasi sama lu.

(2) Photoshoots takes a whole damn lot of effort and sweat

All those bright, happy photoshoot pictures we see online? Looks easy, looks breezy, but it seriously takes a whole damn lot of effort and sweat. And by a whole damn lot, I mean a whole damn lot of effort and sweat. Especially the sweat. Oh ho ho sooo much sweat.

Kan dalam gambar you'll see the couple posing and grinning away like chirpy energetic idiots and all kan??? But the sweatshop horror that goes on at the back of their necks and their temples and their scalps and their thighs and their freaking armpits... YOU HAVE NO IDEA, MY FRIEND.

(Okay fine, maybe I'm exaggerating a little, because couples who have their photoshoots in air-conditioned locations or during colder weather might not have this issue. BUT WE DID. BECAUSE IT WAS ~BURNING~ when we were out for ours okay)

Effort comes from having to search for and prepare all the necessary props and outfits and miscellaneous stuff prior to the photoshoot and also from having to angkut all your barang barang props while trying to maintain your baju and your hair on the day itself.

(3) It is NO fun when coloured powder gets into your eyes hahahahaha

I think I must have looked like an ikan siakap out of water menggelabah looking for water to wash the powder out of my eyes. Thank God we had enough sense to bring one whole balang of water along for the photoshoot!

Also, rip off your fake eyelashes if you're wearing any before a Trash The Dress photoshoot that involves coloured powder!!! Because the powder will get trapped on your falsies and when you least expect it, the powder will come tumbling down into your eye especially after you blink. NI AMARAN PENTING OKAY GUYS!!!

(4) Cleaning up after a Trash The Dress photoshoot is NO FUN AT ALL

Okay lah, this one expected lah eh. We didn't want to step into the car with our dirtied clothes - obviously - so we had to dust off the powder and change into clean clothes before stepping into the car.

I already preempted that there won't be any nearby washrooms that we can tumpang so I brought along a kain batik to use as a cover while I change. Tapi that part masih okay ah, masih boleh manage ah. It's the damn staining that happens after you dust the powder off tu yang buat songsang!!! Nak try wash off with the water that we brought along pun menyeksa seh so I gave up. After I reached home that night baru I scrubbed myself silly just to get the colour staining off.

(5) Do not schedule a photoshoot during your period / nearing your period. 

My period was due any day after my photoshoot and I felt bloated and achy and ridiculously thirsty thoroughout the shoot! But luckily I wasn't feeling super cranky sampai boleh turn into Hulk (HULK NO TRASH! HULK SMASH!) + my mat kept me very happy and entertained throughout the photoshoot so tak terbawak bawak sangat ah. Heh.

***************

Before I end this post I'd just like to give all my love and thanks to my bridemaids for layaning my requests for opinions and recommendations on our Whatsapp chat group prior to this photoshoot... and a super giant special thanks to the awesome power couple Sham and Aisyah who agreed to help us with the photoshoot at the very last minute!!!!! 

We didn't enlist anyone for help initially because we thought we could manage, but then realized we needed some help at the last minute so Sham and Aisyah stepped in and played their roles perfectly, even though it was a Sunday and they could have rested before the work week started. My gratitude is maha tremendous, guys. 

Also want to give my thanks to Nad, who is the straw to my berry (hahaha), for letting us crash her place after the photoshoot to wash up and have our overdue dinner which we grabbed from Simpang!!! (The guys stepped out to tapao the food because I was in no state to step out in public - my face, arms and legs were stained green so technically I almost did turn into a Hulk in the end ah hahaha)

And now I'm left with one and a half working days before I get to meet all my bridesmaids and see what the hell they have up their sleeves!!! It feels really discomforting not knowing what the plans are for my bachelorette party (because I'm usually the one leading preparations when it comes to planning parties for my friends!) but I know I can trust on these girls to give all of us a really good time. 

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Well, Nad did send me a text message last night asking whether I wanted a... urmmm, halal or haram party ah hahahahaha. 

I guess we're good as long as I don't end up looking like this by the end of the night?


12 comments:

  1. ALAMAK i just googled "kahwin khronicle hair loss shampoo" to find out the name of the organic thickening shampoo BUT NOW ITS DISCONTINUED for sale in sg???? sedih nye. did phyto really help or was it the thickening shampoo eh? i just noticed like bald spots at the side of my head when i tie my hair up in a tight bun... buat stress je!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. damn sedih, right?!?!?! it really worked, okay! actually i think the bulk of the help came from the avalon thickening shampoo because my hair really thickened after that.

      right now i'm just maintaining the volume with phyto products... so far so good! don't know if the hair loss will start again if i stop using :/

      Delete
  2. i dah tengok conjuring pun i tak paham comment tu :/ hahahah

    love your inspiration dress...and now i can piece on why you boring spotlight tuari! haha! but the end result of the actual dress is pretty fab too so no rugi!

    cant wait to see the actual pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahahaha! are you serious?! hmmm maybe they're trying to say we look like hantu??? lagi lagi the location used to be a cemetery.....

      tu lah! dah semangat borong netting kat spotlight tuari pastu tak terpakai pulak. irritz. now kena find a use for all that unused netting

      and thank you very nice, babe! almost replaced that photoshoot dress with another boring white piece but am now glad that didn't happen YAY

      Delete
  3. oh and random but i terbaca your pg name as ziana zain tros mata terbeliak eh bila kak ziana jadi wedding photographer! hahahah nampak sah dah ngantok ni!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm nervous for my photoshoot now. Nervous macam da nak kahwin padahal baru photoshoot. Lagi I'm going two outfits! Anyway I wanted trash the dress also but that was few years ago la when trash the dress was the in thing back then? Now macam da malas pulak. Kalau boleh nak lepak nye photoshoot je haha.

    And thanks for the useful tips! I expect it to be tiring too! And omg! After I booked my photoshoot date, I realised it was during / nearing my period sey I wanted to cry! Cause it will spoil my mood la. But can't change ready since my photog only free during weekdays and I can't take leave any other weekdays. Haish. If its nearing I'm okay. If its during, tengok la nanti ape jadi eh. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know how you're feeling! i felt very nervous days before my photoshoot too :/ wish you all the best for your photoshoot!!!

      don't worry about the period-related mood swings segala, just have genuine fun and it'll show in your pictures, insya Allah!

      Delete
  5. Cant wait to see the photos!!! goodness.


    I can so imagine all the peloh at the ermmmmss bits and pieces! kalau boleh, bila my turn confirm I rimas gilaaaa and probably result to kepit-ing tissue all over. GOD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehehehe exciting lah sangat kan!!!

      and YESSSSSSSSSSSS, the sweating is very the rimas, can?! must stock up on tissues one.

      try to arrange your photoshoot in an air-conditioned location or if you really want an outdoor one, schedule it during cooler periods! although cooler periods in singapore might = rain :/

      Delete
  6. ahhhh this looks super exciting and most of all, fun!! i love the dress, the cakes, the whole concept!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yayyyyy thank youuu! it was super exciting and fun, no doubt about it :D

      Delete