Friday, November 15, 2013

The Pre-Wedding Preparations (Part 2)

After part 1 of the pre-wedding preparations, here comes part 2!

Yang ini will cover some of the stuff that happened on the last weekend before the wedding.

25 October 2013 (Friday)
Final Fitting at SY Boutique (Tailor) with Ishq By Nora Zee

We had our final fitting at the tailor itself (which is SY Boutique) lepas kerja because Kak Nora wanted our outfits to fit really well and it's better when the tailors measure the baju against us directly instead of referring to pre-taken measurements aje... and I think I quite like the auntie tailors at this boutique! 

Yang buat bonus: their workmanship pun good good jugak so I might consider sending kain to tailor to them besides Manja. No pictures from this trip to SY Boutique because we looked really masai lepas kerja hahahahaha

26 October 2013 (Saturday)
Purchase of Norethisterone

First order of the day was to visit my regular doctor to purchase Norethisterone! (You can read up about this pill here, here, here, here and here... or you know, you could always Google it up yourself.) Serious adult stuff going on there, y'all.

I actually forgot all about wanting to do this until about 2 weeks before the wedding, and the only reason I remembered was because an angry pimple popped out on my forehead... so gua panic ah geng, sebab dah dapat tanda.

So I re-read Ili of Eleventh October's entry which mentioned the topic (here) because I remembered ex-BTBs commenting on that entry about the existence of a "pill that helps to stop menstrual period temporarily". Asked around after re-reading that entry before taking the plunge because I really didn't want to risk getting my monthly friend during the wedding and honeymoon. 


Disclaimer di sini! As with most medications and approved drugs in the market, this may cause different effects and reactions for different people, so it is always always always best to consult your own GP as to whether you can take this in the first place and how, if you plan to do so!

For my personal experience, I didn't experience any other side effects except for bouts of giddiness, I didn't get any allergic reactions and the pill worked its magic perfectly. And my monthly friend really did make its appearance about 2 days after I stopped the dosage eh.

But I really must stress on this point - as with most medications and approved drugs in the market, it is not healthy to take such pills on a regular basis, unless otherwise prescribed. I only wanted to take this for my wedding and honeymoon (imagine the discomfort throughout the day kalau period tengah heavy duty during the wedding and honeymoon yikes). Might take this again when I plan to go on a long holiday trip in the future, but other than that I'll let my cycle run naturally, which is really the best thing to do for my body and its system.

26 October 2013 (Saturday)
Charity Bake Sale at Penny University


So yes, anyway! After getting that little adult business out of the way, I hopped down to Penny University! And why??? Remember me blogging about the charity bake sale which was to happen one week before my wedding???

Decided to spend my last weekend as a single girl grabbing and gobbling down some omnomnom bakes by Minah Crocker and Dimpled Chicks at the bake sale which was also co-planned/organized with The Tudung Traveller!


Me with the three lovely ladies behind the charity bake sale :D

You can read more about what happened at The Alternative Food Blog - which, by the way, is the blog to read if you're constantly looking for halal as well vegetarian cafes and F&B establishments all around Singapore! You can also follow their latest finds on Instagram here. Had the privilege to meet the dynamic duo behind the blog as well but totes forgot to take a picture together after the kekecohan! Apadah.

Had to reschedule my facial appointment with Spa Jelita to the following day just so I could have the time to drop by the bake sale but it was no biggie - what's a rescheduled facial appointment if I get to contribute to a good cause and get a box of sweet treats while I'm at it, right?! I mean, what bridal diet?

Plus I wanted to bring some sweet treats to our inaugural visit to #shamsyah's new home anyway (more on this later) so it was ala ala kill two birds with one stone lah gitu (Asal kill birds with stones eh??? As far as I know birds kalau kena campak dengan batu dorang terus terbang away seh hur hur)

26 October 2013 (Saturday)
Waxing Appointment at Fabulous Aesthetics 

But there was one appointment that I didn't have to reschedule because it was to happen after I left the bake sale - which was my waxing appointment!

It was my 1st experience of such nature and naturally I was apprehensive and uncertain jugak! Must really thank Bride Barista for layaning my Whatsapp messages, because she is, like, the BTB guru of waxing, y'all! Hur hur hur. In fact, the reason why I booked my waxing appointment with Fabulous Aesthetics instead of other established shops like Strip or Pink Parlour (which I initially considered) is because she recommended it hehe. Thank you sayang!


Moments before my first experience!


Tubs of hot, hot wax! I actually thought the shade for the red coloured one looked very pretty glistening in the light and reminded me of raspberry sauce whereas the golden coloured one looks like honey wtf

I feel that the only downside about Fabulous Aesthetics is the fact that they only have 3 outlets in Singapore. Meh. But the service turned out pretty okay and truthfully kan, I'd rather go to an established name recommended by someone who dah lau chao with these things (hehe) rather than anyhow chop a promotion deal off Groupon or Deal.com with a salon whose reputation and credentials are questionable, just because it's cheap seh.

Sure, you can Google for reviews before purchasing off deal sites but I don't know lah, I'd rather hear from someone that I can put a face, a name and some form of credibility to, and not just random reviews on the world wide web yang tak tau mana asalnye and tak pasti kesahihannye when it comes to such... sensitive things. Heh. But that's just me lah, you know.

Anyway. I won't blog publicly in detail about my experience but I can tell you right now - without having to set my entry to 'private with password' and then shamelessly haggle for 'likes' or 'shares' on social media before I share the experience with you lol - that the experience is really not as bad as it sounds!

In fact, I loved the experience so much that... I actually signed up for a package with Fabulous Aesthetics in the end hahahahaha. If you want to know more because you're planning to do for it yourself then feel free to email me directly so I can share my experience privately and comfortably okay! (Although my reply might come a liiiiittle late than usual, because I still have a backlog of emails to reply to wtf, maybe I should employ someone to be an admin person EH ILI can pay you to be my admin not hehehehehe)

It wasn't as intimidating or torturous as I thought it'd be lor - but that might be because I'm ~pretty~ comfortable with me, myself and my body, I can be quite confident when put in such a... errrrr, "precarious" situation haha AND I have a high threshold for pain.

(I have many weaknesses of course, which includes anything to do with DIY and mathematics (urgh mathematics) but if I had to list my strengths, it'd be everything I just listed hur hur hur. Unfortunately ini macam punya strengths tak boleh pakai eh during job interviews hahahahaha)

In fact, when my bridesmaids and akak Bride Barista asked me whether I found the process painful and how I fared during and after the waxing session, my reply is basically encapsulated in this fabulous GIF:


HAHAHAHAHAHA GOT SEE ANYONE MORE EKSYEN NOT?! 

Hahaha okay lah okay lah maybe I was lucky to get a nice consultant who did the job well - ask for Eunice to do the waxing for you if you're going to the Bugis outlet! In fact, if anyone wants to bump one session off my package ($41 per session, I think, usual price is about $60+) and want to ajak me as teman, I'd gladly do so if you can align with my next appointment :D

26 October 2013 (Saturday)
Bridal Room Setup By Bonito By Bob

So after the waxing appointment, I rushed home because the team from Bonito By Bob was coming over my place to store their barang barang and do the necessary drilling works! Process took about an hour or so, if I remember correctly, and they didn't need me to duduk macam bongok tengok dorang buat kerja so I left them to do their work while I temankan my mother tengok Hindustan hahaha (Not a fan of hindustan because they are too auta for me but I can take their autaness in small doses once in a blue moon ah hahaha)

How my bedroom looked like after the necessary drilling and props are stored:


Had small tingles up my spine when I saw my room all tidied and packed up like this, because I then knew that the special day was coming faster than I can say "Selamat Pengantin Baru! Semoga kekal ke an-" EH EH CIK BEDAH the day dah sampai pun?! *auta*

After Bonito By Bob left (proper review will come in a separate entry!), I had a quick nap before washing up to go to #shamsyah's new home for our final meeting with our orang orang kuat!


26 October 2013 (Saturday)
Final Run-Through with Orang Orang Kuat

This one is another kill two birds with one stone sort of situation - kitaorang memang nak meet our orang orang kuat to discuss and finalize the wedding details and at the same time, memang nak sebok sebok tengok Sham and Aisyah's new home. So ape lagi, sambil menyelam minum air lah kan. 

(Although I can never quite understand why anyone would want to selam dalam laut or sungei and then minum the air.......... unless you tengah selam dalam air bandung or iced milo ah, which then begs the question as to why you tengah selam dalam air bandung or iced milo in the first place..........)

Copies of the wedding itinerary for our bridal party to refer to!


I've had quite a number of people asking me for sample itinerary for their own weddings but I'll only upload mine for reference in a later entry. Sorry gaize! Still need time to edit and delete the crucial names and contact numbers away from my actual one. (But seems like sample wedding itinerary for Malay weddings is really hot in demand eh?!)

Okay dah, back to our last meeting with our orang orang kuat before the wedding! Kita telah ambik chance to turn it into a homemade steamboat dinner gathering heh heh heh NOM NOM NOM




The girls fussing around in the kitchen! (Gender stereotype much?!) Tapi orang rumah feeling malu that night so she kept her face away in all of the pictures taken that night lolololol


We ambik kesempatan to get some tips for home renovation and interior design from Pak Sham and Puan Aisyah that night as well! Super in love with their white and tiffany-coloured guestroom and they can haz a walk-in wardrobe!!! 

Would love to share picturesss but since it's not my rumah sendiri takkan aku nak pandai pandai ye. You all pun tau kan, sepandai pandai tupai melompat, akhirnya tak masuk Olympics jugak kan. (Takde link ah actually hahahahaha)

If it was about my own house, tadi pagi dah announce pun kat front page of Berita Harian, nyah! Hahahahaha. Oh oh oh, I also have a picture of Nadai collapsed on the floor of their walk-in wardrobe which is sungguh buruk lolololol but not sharing that as well because... well, it is buruk, you know. LOL.


Our speech givers Ahmad and Nadai comparing their speeches after dinner. 

Suruh hantar drafts for vetting kat aku, tak nak.



Discussion was long and intense, and thank God for technology because kita sampai hook up laptop to TV and flash the itinerary on the TV monitor for everyone's easy reference lah eh hehehe.

And remember I mentioned about our orang orang kuat groaning about our initial snoozefest of a march-in song and we had to change to another kind? I really wanted to see if a regular march-in is possible with a fast tempo song so I made everyone practise walking down a few times to our eventual march-in song, which is Mozella's Love Is Endless. So yes, we had 10 adults walking down over and over again. In front of #shamsyah's toilet. At 2 freaking am. 

Hahahahaha eh, eh, but seriously, puas hati ah geng, at least bila kita practise I could see that the song could work for the march-in and I was more than happy to make the change. Hurray! 


And yes this is the TV which we used to flash the... ummmmm, wedding itinerary presentation haha. And that wall at the back, ladies and gentlemen, is the feature wall which pasangan suami isteri Sham and Aisyah painstakingly built up themselves okay!!!!!!! :O Very semangat, and very cool eh korang.

Don't think Saliheen and I will do anything like that for our own feature wall for our new home though since kita laki bini are such lazy asses when it comes to DIY stuff.......... 

(Sorry for the sudden turn to home decor topic, you must understand that my mind is now tuned to home renovations and interior decor since the wedding is over and done, and the next major project we have as a married couple is our first home together! Hehe mega excitez)

Okay sampai di sini aje kali ini, part 3 akan datang shortly!

9 comments:

  1. I still cannot figure how out you churn long blog entries one after another but yay! Can't wait for your reviews!

    Btw, you punya satu paragraph itu.. ouch! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh lol, such a popular question! okay nanti i will reveal how i do it in my final overview entry okay hehehe

      and eh, ape ni ouch ouch! hahahahaha

      Delete
  2. salam sis! i tried to click on the wedding itinerary template from the blogger you mentioned but the blog is privatiseddd.

    you mind to email to me plssss? heh. email: z_wateva@hotmail.com

    oh and yes, love reading up your recent longgg blog entiresss! have a blissful marriage life! :)

    :)
    Zai Bella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh dear, the blogger must've just privatized it!

      my template is not yet ready for sharing but in the meantime, i've emailed you another template which another couple shared with me... hopefully that will be enough for you to use as draft for your own ok?

      thank you for reading my entries, walaupun always so panjang and merepek haha! and thanks for the well wishes :)

      Delete
    2. Hi sis, ur sharings r awesome...helped me alot in having roughly some ideas to prepare for my day...it would be great if u could share e wedding itinerary with me too! Much appreciated lailahirah@hotmail.com

      Delete
  3. SUNGGUH BIADAB EH nak i jadi admin you. ada chance kena layan lini kentot for the 2nd time HAHAHAHAH

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh love their home! And they seriously do up the feature wall themselves? Mad props to them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! so crazy but so awesome at the same time. i don't know how they mustered the patience to layer the bricks up satu persatu :/

      Delete