Thursday, November 14, 2013

The Pre-Wedding Preparations (Part 1)

Realized that my entry on my pre-wedding preparations will be as long as the Great Wall of China punya nenek moyang if I dump everything together in one entry so I'm going to break it down into 3 parts! Kirakan ada sequel triquel ala ala Hollywood blockbuster lah gitu.  

As we all know, about 3 weeks before the wedding I still had time and breathing space to blog about preparations but bila part dah masuk second last week, hah ambik kau obat. I started getting emails and text messages from my vendors, asking me to confirm this and approve that and approve this and confirm that! Sampai naik pusing macam gasing aku dibuatnye.

And that was when I knew my wedding was definitely creeping up on me (Take note eh guys!!! Once korangnye email inbox and Whatsapp inbox start jamming and beeping non-stop, maka itulah tanda tanda hari yang berbahagia dah nak sampai). I was so busy macam bee sampai niat nak kasi one short short good good entry before I became a wife pun tak kesampaian.

2 October 2013 (Revised on 28 October 2013)
Finalized Songlist For Dinner Reception

I think I pernah cakap that I was very pleased with my mamat for preparing our dinner reception songlist all by himself! I've mentioned here before that my mamat was put in charge of the songlist for our dinner reception because he is the more musically-inclined between us two and I've also mentioned here that I loved how he took the initiative to include the duration of each song so it'll be easier for us to kira how long the whole songlist will take. So much sayang for saya punya significant other yang sorang ni! :D

Now I just want to sebok sebok posting a screenshot of the Excel spreadsheet which my mamat prepared for our songlist! *beams*


And since we've decided to share our tak seberapa songlist after the wedding is over, here it is! :D

Guest Arrival
01. Dealova - Once (Youtube)
02. For The Rest of my Life - Maher Zain (Youtube)
03. Fallen - Lauren Wood (Youtube)
04. Turn Me On - Norah Jones (Youtube)
05. Let's Get It On - Marvin Gaye (Youtube)
06. Beautiful As You - All 4 One (Youtube)
07. Just You and Me - Zee Avi (Youtube)
08. Reasons to Love You - Meiko (Youtube)
09. I Won't Give Up - Jason Mraz (Youtube)
 
March In

01. Love is Endless by Mozella (Youtube)

Dinner Reception

01. Lovable - Kim Jong Kook (Youtube)
02. Near or Far - Carissa Rae (Youtube)
03. Darling It's You - David Choi & Clara C (Youtube)
04. Treasure - Bruno Mars (Youtube)
05. Love is Easy - McFly (Youtube)
06. I Think I'm in Love - Mocca (Youtube)
07. You Make Me Happy - Cathy Heller (Youtube)
08. The Best Thing - Mocca (Youtube)
09. The Way I Am - Ingrid Michaelson (Youtube)
10. We're Good Together - Cathy Heller (Youtube)
11. Quando Quando Quando - Michael Buble ft Nelly Furtado (Youtube)
12. A Thousand Years - Christina Perri (Youtube)
13. Greatest Story Ever Told - Oliver James (Youtube)
14. My Heart - Acha Septriasa & Irwansyah (Youtube)
15. Terukir Di Bintang - Yuna (Youtube)
16. I Do Adore - Mindy Gledhill (Youtube)
17. Best in Me - Blue (Youtube)
18. I'm Yours - Jason Mraz (Youtube)
19. You're Home To Me - Cathy Heller (Youtube)
20. Little Things - One Direction (Youtube)
21. I Swear - All 4 One (Youtube)
22. God Must Have Spent a Little More Time on You - N'SYNC (Youtube)
23. All My Life - K-Ci & Jojo (Youtube)
24. I Do (Cherish You) - 98 Degrees (Youtube)
25. Everyday I Love You - Boyzone (Youtube)
26. You And I - Ingrid Michealson (Youtube)
27. Lucky - Jason Mraz & Colbie Caillat (Youtube)
28. Missin' You Like Crazy - Us (Youtube)
29. Stuck on You - Meiko (Youtube)
30. I Need A Girl - Taeyang (Youtube)
31. I Do - Colbie Caillat (Youtube)
32. Two - Lenka (Youtube)
33. True Love - Pink (Youtube)
33. Sayang - Shae (Youtube)
34. Love on Top - Beyonce (Youtube)
35. Lucky - Pharrell Williams ft Daft Punk (Youtube)
36. Nothing on You - Bruno Mars ft B.O.B (Youtube)
37. Turn Up the Love - Far East Movement (Youtube)
38. Brighter than the Sun - Colbie Caillat (Youtube)
39. Something 'bout Love - David Archuleta (Youtube)

(On hindsight, I regret not remembering to include Selena Gomez's I Love You Like a Love Song and Lindsey Ray's You Make Me Happy into the list!!! Sigh pie lemon pie.)

We spent quite a fair bit of time on this, and even though we're ~pretty~ sure our guests didn't even pay attention to the music since everyone was so busy eating and chatting and conquering the photobooth lol, it was really nice to hear snippets of the music that both of us love and enjoy throughout the dinner reception. Ada satu part I even whispered to my mamat after I caught the both of us humming along to the same part of a song "Entah entah orang tak dengar pun lagu ape ni, kita dua je yang enjoy the music haha"

So aaaaanyway, our songlist is a happy mix of: 
  • music that has meaning to our relationship (think True Love by Pink and Dealova by Once)
  • music which is radio-friendly (like Lucky by Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat and Little Things by One Direction)
  • music which brings us back to our teenage memories (cue the legendary God Must Have Spent a Little More Time on You by N'Sync and I Do (Cherish You) by 98 Degrees), 
  • cute music which we - okay, I - like and listen to (such as You Make Me Happy by Cathy Heller and Darling It's You by David Choi and Clara C); as well as 
  • catchy tunes which can guarantee earworms for the next few days (that's Lucky by Pharrell Williams ft Daft Punk, Treasure by Bruno Mars and Turn Up the Love by Far East Movement for you. I decided not to include Robin Thicke's Blurred Lines into the mix in the end because of my apprehension mentioned here. Meh.)
We didn't have a specific songlist for the afternoon reception - except for a short list of must-haves which my mother-in-law provided - so we left that to the good hands of our trusty entertainment people from Medialite.

Oooh, a little cerita about our march-in song: it was initially supposed to be Everyday I Love You by Boyzone tau but it was too much of a snoozefest zzzzz and ignited groans from our orang orang kuat hahaha EH KORANG YANG TAK NAK JOGET BILA TIME MASUK APE (I've explained why we couldn't do a fun dancing entrance which is more reflective of our personalities here). Seriously itu lagu memang sappy and soothing ah but the only way to walk in to that song is to freaking sleepwalk, can?!
So we did a trial run on Mozella's Love is Endless, which is one of our favourite songs and has a faster beat, managed to get the right pace for the march-in (at 2 bloody am, one week before the wedding haha more on this in another entry) and tadaaaaa~ itulah al-kisahnye. 
Actually kita punya first choice is Treasure by Bruno Mars ah but tak boleh because the pace turned out all weird and cacat. I mean, how the hell do you just walk in selamba bomba to Bruno Mars' Treasure?!?!?! That lagu is the kind yang kena goyang punggung inul segala sak.

12 October 2013 - 13 October 2013
Printed DIY signages and table numbers
Etc Etc Etc

During the weekend before Hari Raya Aidiladha, I bought an extra pair of heels from Payless (which turned out to be maha useful because end up that extra pair lagi kena with my sanding and dinner outfits than the first pair that I bought in JB!) and printed out some of the DIY stuff, which I blogged about here. Itu time masih ada kuasa ah nak berblogging hahaha

After that there was a lot of movement during this period, which involved finalizing the necessary permission from Temasek Polytechnic for the outdoor photoshoot, booking the minibus for transportation (my usual go-to for minibus - Aunty Nancy from Million Bus!), chasing Compass for the license application approval, passing the colour samples that we bought from Princess (Arab Street) to the relevant vendors, etc etc etc x 100 etcs.

13 October 2013 (Sunday)
Confirmation of Guestbook Table and Dessert Tier Mock Up 
from Dessert Artisans

One of the emails that I was maha excited to receive was the one from Dessert Artisans, attaching the moodboards for our wedding dessert tier and the guest reception table setup for our dinner reception!!!!!

We got the complimentary guest reception table setup when we signed up with Dessert Artisans at Jentayu Gallery's wedding exhibition last year so if you thought our reception table was gor to the geous, it was all thanks to the talented hands of the amazing Dessert Artisans!

Wish I can show y'all all of their hand-drawn moodboards but I just kasi sneak peek of the dessert tier moodboard je okay, since I'm not sure if they're okay with me posting the actual moodboards wholesale:


Moodboard je dah cantik lah siakkkkk. APAKAH MAKSUD SEMUA INI?!?!?!?!?!

Needless to say, the actual day punya setup blew my mind to the moon and back. Sesangatlah terhutang budi to Nani, who is my bridesmaid and my mamat's female equivalent, because she was the one who planted this idea into my head and eventually sponsored this!!!!! I will share more about the dessert tier setup and guest reception table when I do the final review on Dessert Artisans in a separate entry. You all please sabar menanti.

14 October 2013 (Monday)
Received Actual Bridal Bouquet from Woodleigh Park

I was also very excited when I received an email from Woodleigh Park a day before Hari Raya Aidiladha, asking me to approve the colours, materials and accessories collected together to make my bridal bouquet!!!!!!! There was no freaking way I could have not given my approval lah seriously - all the pieces are so gorgeous and so exquisite and SO ARGH aku tak tau ape lagi nak cakap because seriously boleh membawaku ke tangisan kegembiraan *sandiwara*

Here's a picture of the materials and accessories which Woodleigh Park emailed to me for my approval... cut by a third so as not to reveal everything hehehe:


Fast forward a few days later, guess what arrived at my doorstep that very same weekend?????

.
.
.
.
.



Mehehehehe! You cannot really see it here in the picture but baru pegang kotak my tangan dah terketar ketar kegembiraan seh. Nasib baik my tangan cannot nangis kegembiraan okay. Kalau my tangan boleh nangis kegembiraan..........

... okay lah, tak lah, seram lah pulak eh kalau tangan boleh nangis kegembiraan?! Hur hur hur.



A picture of my favourite piece out of the whole bouquet and the super cute detail at the handle! MEGA LOVE!

Oh, and can you see that little bit of white fabric with gold embellishment? I was prancing around my middle sister's bedroom and excitedly showing her the bouquet when she, being the selamba bomba person that she is, actually said in her ~usual~ selamba bomba manner: "Eh bouquet kakak macam pakai baju kurung." WTF INI ANAK HAHAHAHAHA NI TREND BARU LAH MANA KAU TAU

Bouquet aku pun pandai tertib lah okay, pakai baju kurung pergi majlis orang kahwin. Takkan nak pakai translucent kebaya top and tight leggings ketat tersendat kat bontot pergi majlis orang kahwin kan. Kan tak manis, my friend.

Alright, just sneak peeks for now but suspect kuat I'll spam pictures of my bridal bouquet in its front angle, back angle, side angle, top angle, bottom angle, right angle, left angle, cross section angle, acute angle and obtuse angle segala once I do a proper final review!!! Don't say I never say ah.

Oh, one of the good things about opting for a corsage bouquet (since I'm not a fan of fresh flowers, so sakit hati when they layu okay D:) - is the fact that I get to receive the bouquet wayyyyy before my wedding day and I get to keep the bouquet for keepsake thereafter! Even if tak nak or tak boleh keep in bouquet form, at least boleh simpan the accessories and brooches as kenang kenangan, you know???

And yes, if you also want to have a super gorgeous customized bridal bouquet to compliment your outfit colours on your wedding day but not yet convinced (WHY???), you can take a look at Woodleigh Parks' other works on their Facebook here and their Instagram here. Kalau dah convinced maha convinced then ape lagi, terus email them lah!!!!!


[Note: Woodleigh Park is a design brand by Facelift Design.]

Tapi tau ape yang lagi best tak??? 
Woodleigh Park is currently running a promotion that runs until 23rd November 2013, y'all!!!!! All you need to do is ask them about the promotion brochure via email before 23rd November 2013 to get the details tau. So must cepat cepat!

Okay lah, akak rasa that's all for now, yang lain akak sambung another day.

[Edit: Part 2 is out! To read more, click here.]

10 comments:

  1. ...it has begun! so yayy!!!

    eh btw, we DID listen to your songs okay. even told the girls one of the songs is my ringtone for zal...but i can't find it in your list above so ada chance kita semua kedengaran ah tuari ahahahahha

    ReplyDelete
  2. eh just scrolled up and saw it OMAIGODD BUTA LAH PULAK AKAK NI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL thanks for listening to the music, gaize!!!!!

      eh which one ah, your ringtone for zal??? is it the one that goes "I'M UP ALL NIGHT TO GET LAKI" HAHAHAHAHA

      Delete
    2. hahahahahahahhahaha no. but maybe i should change it once the diy nights begin hahahaha. it's mocca's the best thing :) cho chweet lagu dia

      Delete
  3. Confirm these few days ur blog traffic rabak eh, smua tgh waiting to read ur pre and post wedding entries :) ur bouquet so lawa, personalised to your liking, I already have 2 free bouquets and if klau nak 1 more just for keepsake (like u said) mcm hmm… anyways, love the colours on ur blog. Akak very rajin seh :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha stoppit seh korang! i was still trying to stall and delay, but semalam sampai dapat whatsapp from my bridesmaid asking me to UPDATE ALREADY so okay fiiiiiiiiiiiine.

      and thank you, i really do love my personalized bouquet! tapi bouquet FOC pun okay what, can petik and simpan as keepsake jugak hehe.

      pasal tukar colours on my blog ni, rajin tak rajin sangatlah brudderrrrr, setakat tukar colour codes and font codes aje :P

      Delete
  4. You know what? Your bouquet is so pretty I nak order these bouquets for my dining table and coffee tables once I get my own home. Hehe, more more more! Ape nie? Pakai your wedding as inspiration for my rumah baru ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ZOMG why you so sweet ni?! that sounds like a superb idea seh babe, i think that's something worth considering?!

      and hahahaha awesome or what, dari wedding inspiration boleh terlompat sampai jadi home decor ideas :P

      Delete
  5. Lawanye your bouquet! So so worth it .. And your desserts area ... so so beautiful! Amazing lah you and your vendors! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwwww thank you! all thanks to my amazing vendors, really <3

      Delete