Thursday, December 26, 2013

Vendor Reviews: Andaman, Photography & Videography

Now that I'm done with my reviews on catering, decor and entertainment, it's time to review three other heavyweights for our wedding - bridal outfits and andaman, photography and videography! Jeng jeng jeng~

Bridal Outfits & Andaman - Ishq by Nora Zee


I first wrote about Ishq By Nora Zee here.

Services: Bridal Outfits & Andaman (Make-up & Hair/Hijab-styling)
Company: Ishq By Nora Zee
Email: ishqbynorazee[at]gmail[dot]com
 Facebook: Ishq By Nora Zee
Website: -

I don't think I need to go into much details for Ishq By Nora Zee because I think it pretty obvious from my first entry on Ishq By Nora Zee and from my constant posts about them on this blog and on Instagram that I LOVE KAK NORA AND ISHQ BY NORA ZEE TO THE MOON AND BACK. 

Maybe I ceritakan sikit lah eh on how it was going through the process with Ishq By Nora Zee and Kak Nora. Let's start with the different outfits and looks we had for our wedding:

This is my nikah outfit!




Super love this customized piece because it is simple and pretty and most importantly white, (okay fine, it was a little creamy), which was our main criteria for our nikah outfits. More pictures of our nikah outfits here.

As for our sanding reception, we got a customized plain icy blue songket (which looks more... light grey, silver-ish?)! Love the songket (we specifically requested for songket), love the simplicity of the pahang cut, and super love the beading work which was fantastic!!!!! 



In all of our kecohness, I forgot to ask our photographers to take a close-up of the beading seh. Meh. More pictures of our sanding outfits here.

Have to say the sanding getup was my least favourite though, mainly because my hair was bunned up and my make-up caked heavily towards the end of the sanding reception... but I don't blame Kak Nora for that lah of course!!! 

We had no choice - my hair had to be bunned up so she can letak the cucuk sanggul (BAH, hate having my hair tied or bunned up) and the make-up caked at the later part presumably because of the sweat and heat and humidity + Kak Nora had to layer the new coat of make-up over my nikah make-up.

That said, Saliheen felt the opposite of me okay - the sanding getup was his absolute favourite! Probably because the fit for his sanding baju was the best amongst the three and that vainpot loved how he looked absolutely segak and the colour complemented his susah-nak-match dark skin. (His least favourite was his nikah outfit because the cutting was too snug for his liking lolz)

Gorgeous little piece designed and tailored by sought-after Malaysian designers, Mimpi Kita for our dinner reception!!!!!



From the front when worn:



From the back when worn:  


I hate that this Mimpi Kita piece doesn't look outstanding when hung on a hanger or laid flat but trust me, the dress falls perfectly and damn lovely when worn on a person okay!!!!! The beading and detailing is crazy gorgeous and the fabric is daaaaammmnnn awesome and delicate!!!!! 

In fact, it was so awesome and delicate, I was so scared I was going to ruin the dress just by breathing okay HAHA. Saliheen loved his outfit for dinner as well, I think this pairing was the only one both of us sama sama loved to the core of our being hehe. More pictures of our dinner outfits here.

Okay, yang I just mentioned tu semua baju-wise ah. Kalau make up-wise, jangan cakap lah - I LOVE KAK NORA'S MAKE UP SAMPAI BOLEH JATUH DEMAM 7 HARI 7 MALAM, CAN?! It's like... freaking live Photoshop, man. My maha ultimate favourite has to be my nikah make-up and hairstyle, of course - you all actually dah nampak gambar ni before but I nak show off lagi pulak :P


 Mehehehehe.

Oh, just one thing - when Kak Nora finished doing my wedding dinner make-up and I saw myself in the mirror, I was a liiiiittle taken back because I wasn't used to seeing myself in dark vampy make-up and I'll have to admit I was a liiiiittle apprehensive about the dinner make-up. But once we hit the ground, I saw myself glamming it up in pictures, I knew Kak Nora did the right thing and I was an idiot and foolish for even having the slightest of doubts. I mean, there is a good reason why I trusted Kak Nora and engaged her services kan!!!

[Side story on the dinner hairstyle: Kak Nora actually wanted to do something different for my dinner hairstyle but my hair refuseddddd to cooperate after a whole day of sweat, grime and bucketloads of hairspray so Kak Nora gave up and twisted it into a sideswept hairdo which worked just fine for me because I like sideswept hair heh heh (Well, my supermother always did say that my hair is degil, just like the person ha. ha. ha. ha. ha. I must have gotten my sense of humour from her eh)]

By the way, just thought I should mention this: I think I have quite a lot of laughing pictures with Kak Nora ah, I don't know why. These pictures below (taken by the amazing Bliss Photocinema) are only a few out of the lot, yang lain aku malas nak gi cari and save and upload hahahahaha.





Lolololol I'm kidding. I do know why I have SO MANY laughing pictures with Kak Nora from Ishq - how can you not have so many laughing pictures with someone when she is damn funny and damn gerek and damn awesome seh?!!! Mesti ada je benda yang nak diketawakan zomg, tak tau itu hari aku tengah kahwing ke, atau kita tengah buat sketsa comedy central tau.

Oh, and because my husband is such a maknenek, he was sooooo excited to get a pak andam for himself!!! We never really saw the true benefits of having a pak andam until our wedding day itself - useful gila lah siak to have a pak andam for the groom!!!!! TAK BEDEK OK. Him, his baju, his tanjak, his samping, his accessories, his face, his everything got the attention that they also deserve. Semua ditanggung beres.

This was a particularly great service for us because Saliheen is such a vainpot for a guy!!! He is more vain than me, actually, I think I've mentioned this quite a number of times. (This dude uses SKII for his daily skincare regime lah okay.) The first time I asked him about switching bridal to Ishq By Nora Zee, one of his first few questions was "Abeh I? Ada baju cantik untuk I tak?" HAIYO GOT LAH, GOT BAJU CANTIK FOR YOU LAH, PRINCESS *grumbles*

Some light moments with his pak andam, Onan, who is also a super awesome and super gerek person like Kak Nora:



(I am damn tickled by someone's comment - can't remember who! - that Kak Nora looks like she can be my sister and Onan looks like he can be Saliheen's brother, by the way. Hahahahahaha!)

And now that I'm done with my "cerita sikit" about Ishq By Nora Zee, we move on to the ~burning~ questions:

Did we regret changing bridals 4 months before the wedding? NO.

Do we think Ishq By Nora Zee is too simple, too safe, too new? NOPE.

If given another chance, would we choose another bridal instead? NEVER NO NOPE NOT BY THE HAIR OF OUR CHINNY CHIN CHINS.

As far as Saliheen and I (and our parents who approved maha approved Kak Nora!) are concerned, Ishq By Nora Zee is damn awesome, and our love for Kak Nora is setinggi gunung Everest, sekuat besi tungsten, seluas lautan Pacific, sehangat bebola matahari dan segala sebagai yang sewaktu dengannya. Amin!

Wedding Photography by Bliss Photocinema


Services: Wedding Photography
Company: Bliss Photocinema
Email: bliss.fotografi[at]gmail[dot]com

 Facebook: Bliss Photocinema


I have NOTHING to say about Bliss Photocinema. 

Except that they are absolutely fantastic, they delivered their services exceptionally well and I freaking love them to the end of the manfreakingkind. Hahahahaha.

We chose Naz as our photographer right from the start because we really loved his work and he definitely did not disappoint us!!!!! We also had a second photographer, Shahdan, because we didn't want a flush mount album and was told that we can replace it with a second photographer instead... and replace it with a second photographer, we did. 

So damn glad we did that because having a second photographer actually helps okay!!! We had a range of photographs which might not have been possible if we only had one + ours was a full day wedding and having two photographers meant they could take turns capturing moments. 

And Shahdan was such a goofball, we cannot tahan!!! Couldn't stop laughing with him and Naz, these two are so happening and gerek to be around. Helps to ease the tension and the exhaustion you might feel as a pengantin on your wedding day, you know? Akak approve seratus persen!

Oh, and one of the perks we got for choosing Naz - this speedy gonzales was the one who worked on our wedding photos so freaking laju macam nak kejar bullet train kat Japan, he delivered our wedding album 2 weeks and 5 days after our wedding!!! (I think I mentioned this before somewhere) Crazyshitballs! We were actually expecting to receive our album only after 4 weeks lah eh. Inilah example of aiming for the stars and landing on the moon (Entah, aku pun tak tau what's the link hahahahaha)

Wedding Videography by CST Singapore


Services: Wedding Videography
Company: CST Singapore 
Email: booking[at]cst[dot]sg 
Facebook: CST Singapore 
Website: CST on Vimeo

The CST Singapore (CST) crew that worked at our wedding turned out to be... pretty awesome :D

I will be very frank and say right now that we were very, very, VERY unimpressed and pissed at CST weeks before the wedding to the point that we almost forfeited our $1050 deposit and engaged another videography company (yes, we were that pissed off). But after getting their warm and fantastic service during our wedding day, the rage has softened... somewhat.

I'd really like to review and share our experience with CST as a whole though, so I'll reserve my full review until after we receive our wedding video. 

For now, let's just say dealing with them pre-wedding was absolutely horrendous because of one particular admin staff of theirs who had shabby administration skills, couldn't be bothered to get her records right and had ZERO motivation to do any bloody work. Which was why during my last entry mentioning CST, you can hear the sound of my blood boiling while reading some of my paragraphs on CST. Haha.

(Your blood will also boil if I told you what she did, okay?! Making your clients wait for you for more than an hour? Not acceptable. Mixing up your clients and missing appointments? Not acceptable. Asking your client for records because you insist "your office does not have records"? NOT ACCEPTABLE. I now refuse to call that particular admin staff by her real name and shall only refer to her as the nickname that my husband and I have coined for her.)

It was a totally different scenario during the wedding, though! It was much, much, much better and restored our faith in CST Singapore - the crew was hardworking, everyone knew what they were doing, they were friendly and really, really patient with us - Saliheen and I kept protesting every time they asked us to say something for the video and kept groaning and dragging our feet whenever they told us to act it up for the camera because we absolutely hated it lolz - and everything was just... really great ah. 

Now all we ask for is for the wedding video to be just as great, if not better! And hopefully... not 7 months late ah.

The only thing that can be 7 months late is... my next blog entry. 

(I'm kidding!) (Or am I.)

1 comment:

  1. Babe.. can you drop me Ishq's quotation to my email? Greatly appreciated! hellorissarashid@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete